- The project: Choose any existing movie poster from any movie and recreate it, replace the figures and possibly the text to make it Star Trek! Keep the main elements, as in the example above. The main figure or figures should be in the same pose and the majority of typographical elements should be similar (although please feel free to change the words wildly.)
- Max size: 1000px x 1000 px. No side should be longer than 1000 px.
- Be as diverse with style, color, and medium as you want. Change the clothes, the meaning of the scene, the expressions, anything. You’re encouraged to push it as far from the original as you want to. None of the above rules are meant to restrict you to the point you feel you can’t be yourself; if you’re having trouble with it send me a message and I can try to explain.
- This project is open to all Star Trek characters- TOS, AOS, Voyager, etc.
How to submit:
- Images can include digital art, traditional art, crafts/collage/food/whatever, cosplay photo, any graphic that keeps the spirit of the original.
- Submit by October 31
- Include an image of the original movie poster in your post- not just a link
1) post the image/fic on your blog. Tag it within the first three tags “letsdrawstartrek”
. 2) You can also send the blog an ask, from the blog where you have posted your entry, with the permalink. 3) You can also submit your image directly to letsdrawstartrek, but please read ALL of the directions on the submit page. 4) Please do not do more than one unless
you posted it to your own blog and did not
already send me the permalink and it has been awhile. Then send me the permalink if it has not appeared in three days.
Nothing is going to be done with your submission other than it being reblogged here, and edited into a large image at the end containing all the artworks submitted. If you do not want your image included in the final artwork, please include that in the text of the initial post.
If you have any questions, feel free to send ask. Have fun!